Our market research and analysis practice offers expertise in
the rapidly changing markets for energy-related products and services in buildings. For over 10 years, GeoPraxis, Inc.
researchers have studied the architecture/engineering/construction, industrial manufacturing, and residential/commercial real
estate industries to identify the opportunities and barriers to more energy-efficient business processes.
GeoPraxis market researchers possess a detailed understanding of the dynamics
and players involved in several key building-related industries:
- A/E/C design and construction ("green" products, CAD software, codes, etc.)
- Residential real estate (home sales, inspections, appraisals, etc.)
- Commercial building O&M (auditing, benchmarking, retrofits, etc.)
- Industrial processes (water/wastewater pumping, osmotic membranes, infrared drying, etc.)
- Business communications and publishing (advertising, lead/sales cycles, etc.)
Our market research group specializes in the following areas:
- Energy efficiency product market assessments
- Market characterization studies
- Market transformation program design
- Market effect program evaluations
- Baseline market indicators
- Focus groups with energy decision-makers
- Market player attitudes and business practices
- Customer satisfaction and loyalty studies
- Appliance/behavioral practice saturation studies
- Survey instruments and sample designs
- Strategic and tactical recommendations
GeoPraxis offers these services to two distinct types of market research clients: private companies and governmental/non-profit organizations.
For private companies seeking market intelligence for competitive advantage, we use our skills in business-to-business and consumer research to identify market
opportunities, target customer segments, and optimize the design of new products and services. Our public policy clients need market information in order to advance their public policy, research, or advocacy agendas. We identify needs,
assess new technologies, and design and evaluate marketing programs. Our clients can always be sure that the methods we use will fit best with their unique research questions.
We offer experience throughout all stages of the research process:
The first step in a project is to review and exploit any pre-existing "secondary" data sources that might be available. Past research by
the client's organization, commercially available studies, and public data and reports all qualify. Only then after these cost-effective sources have been
exhausted do we recommend new "primary" data collection.
The methods we use regularly are:
- In-person interviews
- Telephone interviews
- Focus groups
- Web surveys
- Point-of-purchase intercept interviews
- Mail and fax-back surveys
If you need this kind of expertise, contact us today to let us know how we can help your organization to realize its goals.
Clients for our market research services have included:
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technology Institute
- California Energy Commission
- California Public Utilities Commission
- Inspectech, A Service of LandAmerica
- Institute for Market Transformation
- Jamaica Public Service Company
- Pacific Gas & Electric Company
- Southern California Edison
- US Department of Energy
Please contact us to request a free copy of our extensive Corporate Qualifications.